The Free Speech Coalition wrote Senator Todd Weiler, author of S.B. 185, in opposition to the “Cause of Action for Minors Injured by Pornography”. The bill as drafted violates first amendment protections, undermines critical legal principles, and is riddled with such ambiguous language that it could actually protect adults who unlawfully display adult material to minors. The shortcomings in this legislation are a product of your failure to reach out directly to the adult film industry to discuss your concerns and to identify effective solutions. We request that Senator Weiler immediately put S.B. 185 on hold and instead meet with us and other stakeholders to identify how to most effectively address these policy concerns.
18 U.S.C. § 2257 AB 332 AB 1576 AB 1576 Adult Entertainment Announcements CalOSHA Censorship Civil Rights Discrimination Events First Amendment FSC Awards FSC Board of Directors Elections FSC Summit Fundraiser gTLD gTLDs HIV Decriminalization Hot Girls Wanted HTTPS Human Trafficking ICANN ICM In Memoriam LA City Condom Ordinance Measure B Membership Net Neutrality PASS Piracy Pleasure Products Politics Privacy Proposition 60 public health Public Health Crisis regulation Science Sexual Health Sex Work Decriminalization Sex Worker Rights Statement by the Executive Director sTLD Support
- It’s Porn, But Its Business Model Is ‘A World Without Men’ (Forbes)
- Ruling Clears Way for Registration of Explicit Trademarks (xbiz.com)
- Sudbury’s ‘Project ArmHer’ showcases performances by sex workers — and they don’t want to be ‘saved’ (CBCNews)
- Congress can overrule the FCC vote. This is how. (battleforthenet.com)
- Amended Version of FOSTA Would Still Silence Legitimate Speech Online (EFF)