The Free Speech Coalition wrote Senator Todd Weiler, author of S.B. 185, in opposition to the “Cause of Action for Minors Injured by Pornography”. The bill as drafted violates first amendment protections, undermines critical legal principles, and is riddled with such ambiguous language that it could actually protect adults who unlawfully display adult material to minors. The shortcomings in this legislation are a product of your failure to reach out directly to the adult film industry to discuss your concerns and to identify effective solutions. We request that Senator Weiler immediately put S.B. 185 on hold and instead meet with us and other stakeholders to identify how to most effectively address these policy concerns.
18 U.S.C. § 2257 AB 332 AB 640 AB 1576 AB 1576 Age verification Announcements ATVOD CalOSHA Censorship Child Protection Civil Rights Counterfeit Discrimination Events First Amendment FSC Awards FSC Board of Directors FSC Board of Directors Elections FSC Summit Fundraiser gTLD gTLDs HIV Decriminalization HTPA HTTPS Human Rights ICANN ICM In Memoriam LA City Condom Ordinance Measure B Membership PASS Piracy Politics Privacy Proposition 60 PSF Public Health Crisis Science Sexual Health Sex Work Decriminalization sTLD UK
- INDUSTRY ALERT: PERFORMER RECRUITMENT SCAM ACTIVE IN FL, CA, NY, AZ
- IN MEMORIAM: GAY PIONEER JIM FRENCH (1932 – 2017)
- Free Speech Coalition Demands Meeting with Netflix, Hot Girls Wanted Over Performer Harassment Complaints
- In An Attempt To Empower Sex Workers, Did Netflix Exploit Them?
- Adult Performers Say Netflix’s Hot Girls Wanted Docuseries Exploits Their Images Without Consent