A person fraudulently implying association with various US agents has been approaching potential models in the US possibly elsewhere in an attempt to set up shoots in Europe. (In at least one instance, the person used a Whatsapp profile tied to a UK number.)
The US agencies do not know the company, and we have not been able to determine if the supposed production company is valid. FSC has spoken with both models and agents, and has reached out to the supposed producer in an attempt to verify the information.
In the meantime, we urge that all performers are cautious when approached by unknown agents or directors.
If you have a licensed agent:
- have them verify the booking, contacts and details
If you do not have a licensed agent:
- only communicate with companies through official company email accounts
- ask for references and verify them
- get contracts and other paperwork in advance and have it vetted by an attorney
- avoid negotiating or agreeing to shoots via sites like Whatsapp and Facebook, particularly when dealing with a new producer or agent
- when in doubt, contact FSC
We ask all existing performers, as well as those seeking to work in the adult industry, to always confirm the identity of any unknown director, agent or other contact by calling or emailing the company they claim to represent. Most companies have publicly available profiles. If you are unable to reach the company, or are otherwise hesitant to do so, please contact Free Speech Coalition, and we can help confirm.
The Free Speech Coalition is currently working to investigate this possible scam. We encourage anyone who has been approached, or has any knowledge of this scam or others, to report potential incidents to us so that we may alert the community.
Please also be aware when booking European shoots that many producers do not use the US-based PASS testing system. Always find out what safety precautions will be available to you before committing to any shoot.
Free Speech Coalition